On a new appliance, there are oil residues from the manufacturing process. Your new equipment has also been painted with a high temperature paint. It normally takes an hour or two of curing time to burn the excess oil residues off and for the paint to completely cure. During this time, the fireplace may have a strong odor. And, you might even notice a small amount of a foggy smoke. Do the “burn“ procedure according to the manufacturers recommendation, on a mild day so you can simply open a couple of windows to clear the room of any odors or smoke.
Below is a list of fireplace and grill stores that service Virginia (VA)
Winston's Chimney Service
Hearth & Home Shoppe
|Visit Store Page|
Dixie Building Products Inc.
For more information, contact your local fireplace and grill store..