Leaving an electric fireplace on all the time is not going to cause any damage to the equipment. However, with the heating element on, the damage is going to be felt in the balance of your checking account! Unless your home is specifically designed for electric heat, heating with electricity is an expensive way to go. If you’re looking for heat from your electric fireplace, it’s best to think of it as supplemental heat, not your main heat source.
Some folks use electric fireplaces as subdued, night lighting that’s left on overnight for the kids or elderly. Others use the fire and ice effects as a subliminal cooling effect in the summertime! Many consider an electric fireplace as “moving wall art”! We’re guessing that anyone who operates the remote will have their favorite colors and effects! The flames and light show on your electric fireplace cost pennies a day. So, keep it turned on and enjoy it!